Any mechanical assembly in working order generates vibrations that are source of harmful frequencies. As a solution to this critical drawback, LAMECO offers an innovative laminated product called SILENTLINE®.
SILENTLINE® is a composite of metal and synthetic material, which has the key advantage of spreading the vibrational energy over a dramatically wider band (lower Q factor) - therefore dampening the transmission of potentially destructive harmful frequencies.
Advantages Thicknesses Performances Conclusion
Improved mechanical characteristics
The mechanical characteristics of laminated shims are improved with this material. CETIM tested two probes, both in 0.08 inch / 2 mm thickness:
- The first one, of conventional form, entirely consisting of peelable metal foils: achieved Vickers value = 440 MPA.
- The second one manufactured in the new material: achieved Vickers value = 510 MPA.
Reduced wear and tear
SILENTLINE® laminated shims which thus require less maintenance being less subject to wear.
The cost of SILENTLINE® laminated shims is virtually equivalent to that of shims made of other laminated Materials. So there is no economic obstacle to their use.
Other asset of this product and reasons why it was designed:
- It contributes to improvements of the working environment, of benefit to all users.
- It makes it easier to achieve the demands of noise abatement legislation.
Tests carried out by CETIM on this new materiel show its capacity to tone down − in a spectacular way − the two consequences of a harmful frequency emission:
- Absorption or dampening and dispersion of 45 to 50 % of the amplitude;
- Reduction by 50 to 55 % of the emission duration.
This is therefore a high performance material.
|Standard / Materials||Specific weight||Thicknesses of laminations in inches / mm|
SILENTLINE® shims can be substituted for any other wedging process:
- They do not have any cost or use inconvenience
- They offer several additional services (notably silence and life duration) which are of paramount importance today.
For more information: .
SILENTLINE®: Trademark Registered, Europe: Patent No. EP 0 667 233 B1